Product Description

Vehicle Off Road Safety Device, Defective vehicle steering wheel cover device, VOR, vehicle off road device, defective vehicle

Defective vehicle steering wheel cover


This item is a steering wheel cover to be used on vehicles that have a defect or fault and need to be kept ( VOR ) vehicle off road.

This item is used to advise the driver not to take the vehicle on to the public highway.

Useful for HGV, LGV, Truck, Lorry, PSV, PCV, Minibus, Bus or Coach Driver, Operator, Owner Driver, Transport Manager, Mechanic, Technician or Fitter

Has the Words ‘ DO NOT MOVE – DO NOT START ‘ on the cover

Ideal for NON movement of vehicle system after MOT failure, Awaiting service, parts, defect repair as part of your compliance systems.

Suitable for most large commercial vehicles, see sizes below.

Size :24 (L) x 18(H) x 1/4 (D) inches approx. ( Max outer edge size )

Red in Colour

See pictures for actual item.

For information please feel free to call us on 07912 387830 or 01405 763688


Tell DVLA you’re taking your vehicle off the road, for example if you’re keeping it in a garage. This is sometimes called a ‘Statutory Off Road Notification’ (SORN).

This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

You’ll get a refund for any full months of remaining tax. You cannot use the vehicle on the road until you tax it again.

You do not need to make a SORN for a vehicle you’ve already sold. Tell DVLA you’ve sold a vehicle instead.

Choose when it starts


Use the 11-digit number on your vehicle log book (V5C) to take the vehicle off the road immediately.

On the first day of next month

Use the 16-digit number on your vehicle tax reminder letter (V11) to take the vehicle off the road from the first day of next month. You can only use this number once.

If the vehicle is not registered in your name you’ll have to tell DVLA it’s off the road by post.

Start now

Other ways to apply

By phone

DVLA vehicle service
Telephone: 0300 123 4321
24-hour service
Find out about call charges

By post

Send an application form (V890) to DVLA.

Include the day you want to take your vehicle off the road. It can be any day either:

  • this month or last month – you will not get a vehicle tax refund for past dates
  • next month or the month after – include a letter saying why you cannot send the form nearer the time

SA99 1AR

If your address is wrong on your log book (V5C)

Write your new address in:

  • section 3 if you have a new style log book (with multi-coloured numbered blocks on the front cover)
  • section 6 if you have the older style log book

Send a filled in V890 form with your log book to DVLA.

If the vehicle is not registered in your name

Fill in the appropriate part of the log book and send it with a filled in V890 form.

If you do not have a log book

Fill in and send an application for a log book (V62) and V890 form to DVLA – a new log book costs £25.


See Here For More Information On Roadside Vehicle Checks For Commercial Vehicles